If you are a user of Kodi for a long time and if you need to reset Kodi to Factory Settings then you are in the right place. A kodi reset could be necessary due to the huge collection of add-on, old build, outdated Kodi setting, Kodi errors and many other reasons. We can fresh start the Kodi by resetting it to the factory settings. Here, we are going to see how to reset Kodi to its factory settings using two different methods.
How to reset kodi to factory settings
Method 1: Using Ares Wizard
- First, launch the Kodi from your device.
- Then, select the Gear icon from the top of your home page.
- Now, select File Manager option from the Kodi settings.
- Then, double click on Add Source
- After that, click on <None> to enter the source URL.
- Type the URL: http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/ in the box without any mistake. Press OK
- After that, give it a name Ex: ARES or however you want, but remember it because we’ll use it later. Click OK.
- Now, navigate to the Home screen > Addons
- Then, click on the Box Icon from the left top corner
- Now, select Install from zip file
- Then, scroll down and select the name which you wrote in the 7’th Step.
- Then, select the zip file “repository.aresproject.zip.”
- Now it will download and install on your device. Wait for the Installed notification popup in the top-right corner.
- After that, select Install from Repository
- Then, select Ares Project from the list of Repositories.
- Now, select Program add-ons folder.
- Then, select Ares Wizard from the list of Program Addons.
- Now, click Install to complete the installation.
- Then, choose the version of “Ares Project.”
- Wait for the Installed Notification popup in the top-right corner. Finally, you have installed the Ares Wizard on your device.
- After installing this Ares Wizard add-on, go back to Kodi’s home page and select Add-ons.
- Then, select Program Addons from the addons page.
- Now, select Ares Wizard add-on from the list of installed program add-ons.
- After Ares Wizard kodi addon runs, click on the More tab.
- Then, scroll down and select “Erase all Data/ Fresh Start.
- Now, a small pop-up will open to ask permission, click YES to reset to the Factory settings.
That’s all! If the above add-on is not working, then you have another option to reset Kodi. Here, we are going to use fresh start Kodi add-on to reset it.
Method 2: How to reset Kodi using Fresh start Kodi add-on
- First, launch the Kodi as usual from your device.
- Then, select the Gear icon from the top-left corner.
- Now, select File Manager
- Then, double click on Add Source
- Now, select <None> to add the URL address.
- Then, type: http://dimitrology.com/repo/ in the box without any mistake and click OK.
- Now, give it a name Ex: DIM or however you want, but remember it because we’ll use it later. Click OK.
- Then, go back to Kodi’s home screen and select Add-ons.
- Now, select the Box icon from the top-left corner.
- Then, select Install from zip file option.
- Now, click on the name which you wrote in the 7’th Step.
- Then, select the zip file “plugin.video.freshstart.zip” from the list of files.
- Now, the addon should start installing on your device. So, wait for the notification message.
- Then, go back to the home page and select Add-ons.
- Now, select Program Add-ons from the list of add-ons page.
- Then, select “Fresh Start” add-on from the list of installed program add-ons.
- Then, click YES to reset your Kodi settings.
These are the instructions to Reset Kodi to the Factory settings using Fresh Start add-on. Do let us know via comments if you face any problem with the installation process.